More than one billion mobile phones are powered by Android operating system. And here is some facts about android you have to know.....
1. The Android operating system was developed by Android lnc., in 2004 backed by Google. Later Google bought it in 2005 at a price of $50 million.
2. Android operating system, was developed as a platform for digital cameras. But the makers later changed their focus to smart phones as they saw its potential.
3. Google launched Android operating system in November 5, 2007, which is a Linux based software system.
4. HTC Dream or T_Mobi|e G1 is the first ever smartphone to run on the Android operating system, this mobile phone was released in the year 2008.
5. Google’s Android operating system, has attained over a billion activations on devices like smartphones and tablets.
6. Except Android 1.0 and 1.1. all the other Android versions are named after sweet treats like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb to name a few.
7. Android operating system has been released in a lot of versions, where every release has been following an alphabetical order in naming. The names are Android Astro (1.0), Bender (1.1), Cupcake (1.5), Donut (1.6), Eclair (2.0), Froyo (2.2.x), Gingerbread (2.3.x), Honeycomb (3.0), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x), Jelly Bean (4.x)) and KitKat (4.4), Lollypop 5.0-5.1.1, Marshmallow 6.0-6.0.1, Nougat 7.0-7.1.2,and now android O...
(Note: tell me, which android operating system you are using? And if you have any questions and problem than please ask me on the comment box.)
8. Do you know that Android is open source? Since Google is a member of Open Handset Alliance (OHA), it has given users or interested people the option to modify source code of the OS. This has allowed manufacturers to add features to the OS.
9. Human with a robot appearance is the meaning of the word Android. It refers to a male robot. Gynoid is the female looking robot.
10. Android is Andy Rubin who is the co-creator of Android, it was the name given to him at Apple before joining Google, for his obsession and love for robots.
11. There is a Android running device in space!! NASA equipped Floating space robots with Nexus 8 handsets. These devices run on Android Gingerbread.
12. Most of the people think that the name of Android’s logo character is also Android, but its not true. The actual name of Android Mascot is Bugdroid, though this is not official, Google team call it by this name.
13. One of the best parts of being an Android owner is its apps, its app store "Google play" has more than 48 billion app installs, of which most of them are free.
14. Now Android is used to power devices like Google Glass, Watches and so on.
15. For the launch of its latest version, it took a proper brand name.
Thank you !!!